Symptoms of endometriosis in women are painful. Such as heavy bleeding during menstruation, pain, blood in stool and urine, diarrhea, constipation, back pain. The biggest cause of pain in endometriosis is inflammation. Therefore, an ideal diet should be followed to fight inflammation, balance the body’s hormones, boost immunity and maintain uterine contractions.
● Anti-inflammatory and omega-3 rich foods should be included in the diet. such as walnuts; linseed; Chia seeds; olive oil; Fatty fish like hilsa, pangas, tuna etc.
● A patient with endometriosis has heavy bleeding, which may later lead to anemia. For this you have to eat iron rich food. Vitamin C-rich foods should be included in order for iron to be absorbed by the body. Foods rich in iron include pomegranate, beetroot, eggs, pulses, green vegetables, lean meat, chickpeas, etc.
● Yellow and green vegetables should be consumed regularly. Apart from this, it is good to eat cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli. One or more citrus fruits should be eaten daily.
● High fiber foods are good for fighting endometriosis. Because, they help to remove excess estrogen from the body and keep the digestive system healthy. 30 grams of fiber should be consumed daily. Foods rich in fiber include whole grains, brown rice, corn, oats, and a variety of rind fruits and vegetables.
● Calcium and magnesium play an important role in muscle function and blood circulation. They relieve constipation, menstrual cramps and relax the smooth muscles of the uterus. Calcium and magnesium play a very effective role in reducing menstrual pain. For this, all types of pulses should be kept in the diet. But mung dal is quite good. Walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts, spinach, bananas, dark chocolate, whole grains can also be in the diet.
● Vitamins B1, B6 and Vitamin B12 have an effective role in the metabolism of estrogen and reduce menstrual pain. For this, eggs, chickpeas, beans, moderate meat without fat, beans, green vegetables should be eaten regularly.
● Eat 30 mg of zinc rich foods daily. Zinc-rich foods help reduce prostaglandins and increase blood flow to the uterus. For this, it is necessary to keep zinc-rich foods like eggs, pumpkin seeds, yogurt, whole grains etc. in the diet.
●Various spices like cumin, coriander, fenugreek, ginger, turmeric work in endometriosis.