Batata Wada Recipe: If you are fond of eating fast food then you must have eaten Batata Vada of Mumbai. In Mumbai, you will see Batata Vada being sold on handcarts from place to place. The fun of eating hot Batata Vada on the beach is something else. In such a situation, if you are not able to go to Mumbai, then you can enjoy Batata Vada at home too. You can easily make batata bada at home with potatoes. Know the recipe
Ingredients for making Batata Vada
- 100 grams gram flour
- 1/4 tsp red chili
- 1/4 tsp ajwain
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
to prepare potatoes
- 300 grams potatoes
- tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp amchur powder
- 1-2 finely chopped green chilies
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 inch sliced ginger
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
Batata Vada Recipe
- To make Batata Vada, first boil the potatoes.
- Now prepare a thick and smooth batter from gram flour.
- Add red chili powder, carom seeds, coriander powder and salt to the gram flour batter.
- Beat it for 2-3 minutes and leave the solution to set for about 15 minutes. By this the gram flour will swell well.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and mash them by hand and add coriander powder, red chili, mango powder, salt, green chili, ginger and green coriander and mix it.
- Make about 10-12 balls out of the prepared potato mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan on the gas and dip the prepared potato balls in gram flour and wrap them well.
- Now put it in oil and cook it on slow flame. You can easily fry 3-4 vadas at a time.
- Fry batata vada till golden brown and then take out on tissue paper.
- Serve hot Batata Vada with green coriander chutney and sweet tamarind chutney.