Ashadha 2022 Vamana Puja: Vasudev Dwadashi fast will be observed on the Dwadashi date of Shukla Paksha of Ashadh month i.e. 10th July 2022. According to Skanda Purana, Vamana avatar of Lord Vishnu should be worshiped in the month of Ashadha. Worshiping Vamana Avatar and fasting on Vasudev Dwadashi, one gets freedom from sins and physical troubles, knowingly or unknowingly. This fast is observed on the day immediately after Devshayani Ekadashi.
Worship method of Vamata avatar
- On the day of Vasudev Dwadashi, sprinkle Ganges water at the place of worship after taking a bath in the morning.
- Now take a vow to worship Lord Vamana and fast.
- If there is no idol of Lord Vamana, then do Abhishek to Vishnu.
- During the worship, the Lord should be anointed by pouring cow’s milk in the conch.
- Perform aarti by applying naivedya and distribute the prasad. After the worship is over, the Brahmin should donate rice, curd and sugar candy on this day.
- Donating food and water on Ekadashi and Dwadashi tithi of the month of Ashadh is auspicious.
Give food to children on Thursday
According to Hindu scriptures, Vamana form of Lord Vishnu should be worshiped on any Thursday of the month of Ashadha. On this day, after fasting and worshiping, the small child should be fed food as the form of Lord Vamana and by donating the things of need according to reverence, Lord Vishnu fulfills his wishes soon.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not endorse any kind of belief, information. Before applying any information or assumption, consult the concerned expert.